Houston Mergers & AcquisItions attorneys
Hoover Slovacek LLP’s integrative team of legal experts, whose practice areas include bankruptcy/restructuring, oil and gas, transactional, intellectual property, real estate, and estate planning, collectively and effectively represent their clients in the buying and selling of businesses using a practical approach to negotiation and problem solving of the complex issues involved.
Many mergers and acquisitions require the “community” of legal services in order to complete the deal. It’s much more cost-effective and easier to resolve when overlapping services can be handled within one firm’s realm of legal representations. Our niche for our middle market clients (private equity and privately held companies) is the reasonable rates that our firm charges for our tenured, experienced attorneys, as well as the efficient use of experienced and knowledgeable associates and staff.
Client representation Includes:
- Prepare and negotiate Letter of Intent;
- Identify risks to ensure that negotiations and strategies are conceived to include reduction, indemnification and/or defense of the potential liability for ongoing concern;
- Identify potential tax implications;
- Prepare transaction strategy and checklist;
- Negotiate in good faith the final terms and resolutions of complex issues raised during due diligence;
- Draft and negotiate sale agreement (entity or asset) and all agreements critical to the purchase;
- Prepare necessary corporate agreements and organizational documents;
- Research and collaborate with tax expert if necessary regarding tax consequences of the sale;
- Negotiate as needed following the purchaser’s due diligence and any change in terms (Seller transaction); and
- Review and negotiate any changes to sale agreements and related documents to timely finalize and close the sale (Seller transaction).
Additionally, Ed Rothberg, Melissa Haselden, and Curt McCreight have extensive experience in the buying and selling of distressed assets in and out of bankruptcy court.
- Large restaurant and Casino
- Wholesale and retail businesses
- Oil & Gas
- Real Estate